Keep of the Four Winds Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mergers.

3 posters

Go down

mergers. Empty mergers.

Post by brad Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:20 am

ghost of the 'empire of the demi god' appproached me yesterday asking about merging their guild into ours. i said i would put it up to the mgmt team for discussion and may lead to some thoughts on future mergings.
He has some 300 ff items with epics he can bring over and he did not discuss if all his guild or certain players would be wanting to come over or not. he is quite the character and so are some of his members, this is not neccesarily a bad thing having character, but does it bring negativity with it. does he have enough enemies that it will flow over into our guild causing more havoc than we need, on the other hand, most of the guild here does want to see some new faces through a poll i did a bit ago. so this would certainly bring alot of new faces quickly. Ghost says he has several friends here and they like it here very much this is why he is coming to us as it seems we are doing things well as a guild. He does have some allies in sacred protectors and a few of us have him as allies in our profiles. but is this offset by the enemies that seek him out from the fs shout box messages i see every so often?
Give your vote on this matter, but what i REALLY want is some discussion on what we would settle for in having a guild merge into us... certain number of members, pvp or levelers only, or a mix. members have to be a certain percentage of a base level such as mostly above 500 or something... this is what i really want to discuss so if i am approached again, i can give better feed back sooner. so get your thoughts here pronto so i can give him our decision in a few days, thanks.

Last edited by brad on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more.)
brad
brad
ADMIN
ADMIN

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

mergers. Empty Re: mergers.

Post by cgsabs Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:06 am

i honestly think it would be more negitive than possitive. Ghost is infamous and not in any good ways, so can only assume he'd bring along his reputation.

Most of his guild is terribly equiped , so right off the bat we'd need massive attention and funds to kit them all in approved kits for offline.

If this were to happen , id say talk to ghost 1st , see who he feels is the better of his members , active and friendly etc , then compare those to our own guildlines and then recruit only the highest or best to come along with him. or hell recuit his highest / best members now and leave him out lol.

of his 300 ish items , is he willing to tag for guild all or whatever we deem nessisary ? does he bring along plenty of bp slots to help store said items ?
will he want them all back if / when he moves on , or once tagged considered KEEPs so he can stay or go but gear is ours.

How much control or privliage does he want in coming over ? he is founder there so in full control , so can he handle jus being a nobody here with little to no input on matters at 1st while we sort him and stuff out.
cgsabs
cgsabs
FORUM EASTERN WIND WARRIOR
FORUM EASTERN WIND WARRIOR

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiyt Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm

I am firmly against this. No small portion of that guild has earned a bad reputation on their own. I've actually talked with Ghost before, not a bad guy, but he makes enemies in ways I have yet to discover. At least one of his members, I wouldn't trust with a potion let alone the privilege of the Keep's name on their profile. Best case scenario, it would cause more problems than it is worth.

As for guild merges- I would suggest that any member they want to merge in pass a quick "sniff test". Our normal barrier of contribution potential (Levels, fast leveler, PvP, etc) and a short window for any member to raise an objection over any individual in the other guild, just in case.

Regarding item contribution in the future- If they tag it, it is part of the Keep. If they keep their old guild's gear untagged, they at least have the means to stay geared to the teeth in order to contribute. Anyone who tags that kind of gear will want untag privileges and I think our very short list of members with that permission is quite long enough. If they are willing to donate that kind of gear, it is a show of great faith and would be quite appreciated, but it still wouldn't justify untag.

Basically... Are they a good personality match for the Keep, do the majority of their members offer something worth having, and are they willing to accept that some members may not make the cut?

In the case of Empire of the Demi God, they really don't have much in the way of members as it is. Even without the reputation issues, I'd be hard pressed to pick five of them with potential.
Raiyt
Raiyt
ADMIN
ADMIN

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 am

empire of the demi god -- brad dont do it man --- if u do make dam sure none of them can get to gear cuse they will rob u blind if they get the chance then roll out --- if i was still ther i would say hell no lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:04 am

There was a majority vote to not merge at this time. Our guild is moving in a direction that the proposed merger would cause all sorts of kinks that we do not want to deal with at this time.
thank you for the offer as there were some pros to it but again not enough at this time to change our direction. As always,Happy hunting in FS, brad.

this was sent to ghost. this merger discussion is now closed.
brad
brad
ADMIN
ADMIN

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: