Keep of the Four Winds Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

relics.

4 posters

Go down

relics. Empty relics.

Post by brad Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 am

Relic control:
We had worked out a plan over a year ago that has worked for us. I have been getting a lot of messages about getting a 'better' relic or an additional one. With new members and higher level per member ratio, we can revisit this program once more.
But lets review some standards first.
1. We picked mar relic as it gave us some basic bonuses and did not have too much competition for it. Any competition we do get is from hunters in the low 300 level range that come across it and decide to try and pop it. They are usually in hunting gear, low in attack and high damage, they rarely get through kats defense and the lead bonus she gets from having only one relic. It was within level range of most members, so just about everyone could sit and defend it. the cost of maintaining this relic is within reasonable limits.
2. Costs... as relics gain more enhancements their hourly gold cost increase. Ours is relatively cheap. If we go after ones that have lots of bonuses then the hourly cost jumps. Who is going to pay for this? Our guild bank has dropped over a hundred million in the last couple months. So obviously we are not depositing enough in the guild bank to even break even. So if we want a relic with more bonuses then we have to deposit more into the guild. Can that be said any clearer? And not a one time deposit, but on a continual time frame. Expecting someone else to come up with the gold so you can gain your bonus is not strengthening the guild but undermining it.
3.Now that being said, Lets search for some relics that do not have more than two members defending them and see if they will fit our guild. We can look at moving to a different relic or possible having two relics but losing our lead defender bonus and halving our members who can defend each one.
Look for relics that fit in with mar, or cover all stats-armor,def,attack,damage....but relics with lots of bonuses will have more competition.
We will also need to look at member's levels within our guild and see if we can do something like mar relic for 600 and under level members and anyone over 700 can defend a higher level relic possibly. Feel free to give some opinions and thought our responses to see if we can work out something better for the guild. thank you.

Last edited by brad on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : none)
brad
brad
ADMIN
ADMIN

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

relics. Empty Re: relics.

Post by SuOkWinter Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm

We probably do not have enough members to hold more thaan one Relic. In fact, I do not believe we really have
enough to hold the one we have now (Mar). I do not want to hold a Relic at all.
SuOk
SuOkWinter
SuOkWinter
FORUM WESTERN WIND WARRIOR

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:19 pm

We have the members to hold two. When I was in EF we only had 8 members total holding two relics, sometimes 3. It will take a greater effort to hold 2 tho. We currently only have 8 members on Mar, which is fine, I mean we hold it very well but in order to hold another, higher up relic most likely, we will need to move most of the members currently on mar and use more of the lower ranking on Mar. The temple of inner light may be one to look at. The Highwaymen currently hold it. It is very low on cost with attack and damage bonus. Lvl 546 min. It may take a week or so to get it and them stop trying at it tho.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tlthomasjr Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 pm

I am inclined to agree with ikky here. chris and i nearly alone most of the time held the temple of mar, and i by myself stood here for 6 months before that.
this was back when it actually cost a fortune to empower a relic.
in truth the entire relic dynamic changed when they changed the empowering costs. now if someone takes your empowered relic, they simply took it for an hour, or until you retake it, and saved you an hours maintenance costs.
i for one dont need these bonuses for pvp purposes, so holding these fully empowered at all times means little to me personally, but being in a strategic position to hld and empower at least 2 for gvg defense purposes is another story, and i think worth trying as a new strategy.
for the members who cannot reach whatever new relic we decide on, just keep sitting on mar with me. everyone else should go camp the new relic whenever possible.
tlthomasjr
tlthomasjr
FORUM EASTERN WIND WARRIOR
FORUM EASTERN WIND WARRIOR

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm

i will be looking over some higher level relics that a small group of us can sit on.
brad
brad
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by CountyMan Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:19 am

Let's look at it this way. Our current relic gives us 5% attack & defence, +25 Holy and +100 Nullify when Empowered. Hows about we look about for a relic that gives some armor and damage??

I've looked through the list of relics and came a cross one in particular that isn't a seriously high level buts gives some nice stats when Empowered.

Greater Statue (Located at Gao Tain Lake (View)) requires you to be level 554 to enter the area. The relic itself when fully empowered gives,
+10% Armor
+10% Damage
+70 Critical Hit
+60 Sustain
+70 Glory Seeker

It is being held currently by the guild, Quentins disciples.

I've picked out this relic as I believe it seems to be the easiest to go after with a good supply of guild members being able to travel to the world area Smile

Just wanted to shout that out as it seemed quite nice...

CountyMan
CountyMan

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 am

i do not want to go after relics that are being held by multiple members of a guild defending it. it will lead to a war. look for one that is being defended by one person, those are the ones that are still up for grabs and will have the least undesirable consequences.
please feel free to post some relics you come across, but we are currently looking at how to best divide up our members for two relics and see if it is feasible.
brad
brad
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:55 am

County, I do believe those numbers are before the relics changed. It is only a 5% increase to armor and damage
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:13 am

I just want to ask why not a lower relic. One that I may be able to sit on; or even one that Zord could sit on. He and I normally do not hunt so it would be easy for us. We only go after titans if we are online and do the ladder.

If it is a thought that they are mostlikely guarded then I do understand that but just asking cause I am sure that Zord nor I would mind guarding one.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by brad Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:08 am

until we get most of the members to remember to come sit on one relic we will hold off on two relics. We have sat on Mar for so long i want to keep that spot as most have it memorized easy enough to get there, it is not sought after too much which limits the competition for it.
When thinking of a lower relic, please look for one, but it must be undefended or only have one or two defenders. You also have to look at it over an extended time, like two weeks, as one glance does not tell us really if it is defended much as it could have just been recently taken by another guild that is not defending it actually. There is no real reason to try to go after one that is heavily defended as it just leads to a guild war that is simply a waste of levels, and stamina. They dont make that much of a difference to your stats unless, yes, you have 5 of them maybe, but that is for the super large guilds and we are not heading that way any time soon.
It is all about give and take for our size of guild, and currently we are staying around this many members unless something comes up in the game to change that position. Our guild rocks for its size and you will be hard pressed to find one that has as many guild store slots for its size as well as available hunting, gvg and arena gear combinations.
brad
brad
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Agree with all that brad said and if i find one a bit low leveled and Zord wants to help with it I will surely pass it along and we can decided if it benefits us at all. If not I am happy playing the way I play. I wish I could get to the relic would put another body there to win but hey levels dont matter to me and I doubt i will ever see level 300.

I just want it known......I AM HERE TO HELP HOWEVER I CAN......

if a war is to break out Hey dont have alot but 2000 stam is all to the guild, until then I will level some play ladder some farm some and just plain ole play the game.....

Alright church time so every1 have a good rest of their Sunday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum