Keep of the Four Winds Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder

Go down

PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder Empty PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder

Post by tlthomasjr Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:36 pm

This will be a discussion section for all PvP ladder participants in the guild. Questions, tips, and advice should be posted here.

First thing to always remember is that even though PvP is an area of this game that involved dominance, and individual achievement, none of us would be anything without the entire guild pitching in, and cooperating as they do.
We are all here for each other, and none of us would dominate anything without all of us supporting, and being supported.

There is never any need to purposely blow past another guild member who is already on top of the ladder, work together, if one of you is already there, be considerate, buff them, take out targets who may be a threat, but always work together, and communicate.
You will use less resources yourself, and so will they, and this will lead to greater rewards for you, and the guild through your donations from winnings.

Alternate turns at the top spot, one of you takes the lead and of course has to run the expensive buffs and potions, and the other can sit toward the bottom, using far less stam and resources, and take controlled hits on would be threats to the top spot. This will often still result in getting a 2nd or 3rd place finish, and getting 1 or 2 tokens for a minimal investment is a great way to sit out and build resources for the next round to be on top.
In bands where there are more than one player, anytime you win the ladder first place, you should always check with your fellow ladder buddy to ask if they intend to run that next round, and if so, sit it out to give them a chance as well.
I the cases where there is very little ladder activity, or you have the ability to coordinate your efforts, always, always try for a tie for first place. That is 10 tokens for 2 first place finishes rather than 7 for a first and second. Raiyt has already suggested this strategy, he has done it more than once to prove it can be done with effort, and he hasn't had the luxury of our guild members working with him inside his band. If it can be done outside the guild, doing it amongst ourselves should be a piece of cake.

Everything else aside, let's just all remember this is part of the game, part of the guild, and let's have fun above all else. The tokens will come as long as we are having fun, and working together like it does for everything else we decide we want to dominate.

Please feel free to post suggestions, ask questions, and offer advice to other members who may wish to participate, and for future members who aren't already here for the benefit of your sage advice.
tlthomasjr
tlthomasjr
FORUM EASTERN WIND WARRIOR
FORUM EASTERN WIND WARRIOR

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder Empty Re: PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:45 am

I just want to say the ladder can be fun and I have enjoyed doing it.

Here is my question though well mayb statement and question:

In my training I have been told to give it at least 20 hrs before I try to climb the ladder. Well if each hit you could only gain possibly 50 and the target is already at 1200 in points would it not make since to try to climb throughout the day?

Also here is my main issue on the ladder...which I know Tom is still working with but will ask to get every1 into the convo:

How do I cause misses and I win? most of the times that I am hit I loose. Understand it may be that they are able to see my stats so they can configure a bit better on their end to win the battle but If we are spending all this gold and PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder 331300 to keep correct buffs how do we loose so much? I understand the 2% rule that is fine but everytime I am attack Deflect rarely works and the attacker is not buffed Anti Def. I guess I just want to know what really works to guarantee a win. Do you just have to be super buffed, do you have to be online to watch when they may hit, or Just wear a suicide set to try to keep from being hit?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder Empty Re: PvP Ladder: Tips, strategies, and general etiquette for playing the pvp ladder

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 am

Well that's just unpredictable silkyplay..I have experienced it most of the time and deflect got best of me..but keep trying and do regular hits, some will get through.

Coming to defending incoming attacks, you can use cloak, it's the best alternative as gear-stat options at your level has its limits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:23 am

Let me share a small thing I discovered lately.

If you are on the upper-end of your pvp ladder band, you have a very good opportunity to dominate the ladder.

Buy Mighty Vigor buff and u can use items 2-3 levels above your band

for example. If I am 399 and use that buff, I can use ammit set, vortex stone, misfortune set, argus set and granny-wolfs set. These would get me more stat increase and gear options and ultimately let me win the ladder.

So try it out if you are on the end of your band and have gear 2-3 levels above your level within reach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Volmetius

Mighty Vigor are you saying that if I was level say 278 well it would allow me to use 280 *Ivar Set*? Here is the issue with that logic I think when the buff wears off then you loose those bonuses right?

Here is the thing right now my gear for ladder is all level 200 which is the best for my area in defence. Of what we can tell yes you can do armor but it want all be the same level for sure I dont believe. What we are trying to find is what is the best to kill the armor and keep from being hit. Also trying to use as many set items i can use to get use out of Coor Attack and Def.

Buffs I try to have cast during ladder:

FS LD KE DC COOR ATTACK & DEF BALANCE DEF DEFLECT ANTI DEFLECT AND IF I CAN SEALED.

Any other Suggestions?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down